Priceless Pictures


There are times when a picture is worth so much more.

Ever since I discovered Sevenly.org, I’ve been purchasing shirts left and right. I realize I could just donate directly to these organizations, but I like the idea of having a shirt designed specifically for a charity to remind me of it.

Although all these charities are worth sharing and donating to, this particular one hit my emotional strings a little harder during the week it was spotlighted. The organization is called Sweet Nectar Society and it's made up of a network of photographers in Central California that provide lasting memorable photographs to parents of a child with a serious illness.

Last year one of my sorority sisters lost her son after a year-long battle with a brain tumor, which is probably why this charity resonated with me. This past year I’ve seen other friends who have had to sit in hospitals with their children, hoping and praying that they could take them home. Thankfully, their children are now happy, healthy and home, but it’s hard not to remember the fear and uncertainty I saw in those friends. Even though I couldn’t possibly know firsthand what they were going through, seeing them in that state is something I can’t ever forget.


Remembering all of that and seeing this charity—how could I not make a purchase?

Comments

Popular Posts